Bekenntnisse eines Uhren"geeks" (englisch)

Allgemeine Diskussionen rund um zeitgenössische Uhren
Antworten
kochsmichel

Bekenntnisse eines Uhren"geeks" (englisch)

Beitrag von kochsmichel »

Lang aber lohnend:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/ ... watch-geek

8)

M.B.A´d gefällt mir :D
“Too many Swiss watch companies have become M.B.A.’d and are run like Procter & Gamble,” the watch collector Kiran Shekar had told me in New York.
Light side of the mood!
alinghi74
Re: Bekenntnisse eines Uhren"geeks" (englisch)

Beitrag von alinghi74 »

Danke für den LInk! :D
Gruss alinghi74

VintageCERTINAs.ch

Join me on facebook and instagram!
kochsmichel

Beitrag von kochsmichel »

Gerne :D
Light side of the mood!
MCG
Interessen: Mech Uhren, Sport, Smart Roadster, HIFI, Art & Architektur
Tätigkeit: Global Academic Program

Beitrag von MCG »

A German man or woman with real German problems had constructed this piece, blue screw by blue screw.
:rofl:
Swiss luxury watches may be made with the one per cent in mind, but true aficionados know that the hegemony of the Swiss is over; some of the most interesting watches now come from German brands like Nomos and A. Lange and Japan’s Grand Seiko. I missed out on the culmination of the evening, when all the watches
:whistling:

Nun ja, ganz nett. Der Junge wird glaub anhand der Anzahl Wörter bezahlt, er erzählt auch, dass er ~1000$/writing day verdiene ... Ähm, ja. Merkt man... :roll: Ach ja, Platzangst hat er auch... :wink:
LG aus Mostindien - Markus
Wolke
Interessen: Musik, Filme und Uhren

Beitrag von Wolke »

Danke für den Link, die erste Hälfte ist geradezu köstlich! :D
I ran over to introduce myself and a few moments later he gave me his watch to hold, and a few weeks later he arranged for me to attend the secret RedBar, a meeting of the watch elect, at a bar in Koreatown. You need a regular to invite you to a meeting, and the idea that I could be welcomed into this exclusive world kept me from sleeping. I lay in bed practicing what I might say about “perlage,” “three-quarter plates,” and the rare lapis-lazuli dials on some seventies Rolex Datejusts.
:lol:

At the gathering of the RedBar Crew, there was a Brooklyn watchmaker’s apprentice from Australia, a woman from Latin America carefully taking pictures of a prized Rolex Daytona, a guy from Helsinki with his own brand of massive watches, and a young man with a hundred-and-fifty-dollar Citizen. No watch is rejected here, and there is no hierarchy. Just as at the Horological Society, the attendees skew young, a surprise considering youth’s supposed slavishness to all things digital, and there are a growing number of women—

Es ist nur eine Frage der Zeit.... der Uhrenmarkt wird für Frauen wie mich attraktiver werden....... :yahoo:
Antworten